Thursday, April 9, 2009

twitter? What? google, where?!

So far we have learned twitter and google sketch pad. I have used twitter for several months and it was interesting to watch others get so confused in the beginning...because I think everyone hits that point. Twitter can be so addictive, so it will be interesting to see which one of my peers gets sucked in by twins, tweets and becoming twitterific!
Google sketchpad is very Sims meets Cad developing. It is not difficult to use, but it is not the best tool to use. It would depend on how much time you have to create something and how detailed you want to be. Looking through the image archives to see what others have already created and available to download is interesting because there are the most intricate items..and there are some really crappy ones. This is also a tool that depending on your creativity level will show what you are capable of or what you want to spend your time on.

I can see myself using twitter in my classroom, but maybe not google sketchpad. I could possible use the sketchpad to have students create various scenes..but I think that could be a really long process and depending on their knowledge of the tool and the time available..would this be a real project I would want to start in the classroom.

No comments: